Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Who's Gay?


I am just a little gay right now... however I have been very gay at times. This Christmas season it is my mission (Shane, the virgin blogerer) to put the "Gay" back in the Holiday season. How will I do this you may ask? Simple I say. Just insert the word in seemingly standard everyday conversations at work and home. Gay can be substituted for many words, happy, cool, fun, glad, and many more. For example: When I got to work this morning a friend, Sam, asked how I was. With a smile and a wink I replied "gay." I had to have a once a year medical check up the other day and the same friend asked how it went. I told him, "Sam, it wasn't really gay, but the Doc and I were friends so it went OK." He did seem to avoid me until later that day when he was leaving. He wished me a Happy thanksgiving. When I asked what he would be doing he replied he was staying home but had an old high school friend in town for the Holiday. I wished him a joyous and gay time. He nodded silently then drove off???
This means a lot to me so please help me put the gayness back in the season. If this campaign does not work we may have to petition to have the lyrics of many of the Holiday songs we all know and love changed. Don't let that happen!

To all my family and friends I wish you the Gayest Holiday Season yet.

-Shane.

No comments: