Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Just one more day...


So the question of the day is are we ready to go to the happiest place on earth or better yet is the happiest place on earth ready for us!! Tommorow we leave for a vacation to Disneyland with Shane's family. Personally I'm ready to step out of reality into the world of make believe (in this world I always have great hair and my laundry is done...or maybe I don't even have to do the laundry!). Truth be told I am a little nervous and I'll tell you why: WEATHER SHOCK! Let me explain, today it is 12 degrees and I'm sure if you factor in the wind the tempurature is similar to the North Pole's. And to top that off it just keeps on snowing (there is so much snow that Park City School's are closed today...Globel Warming...Hahaha) I know how to do North Pole weather, but it has been a long time since I've seen the upper 60's. Do I pack long sleeves, short sleeves, coats, jackets, rain gear, hats, gloves, shorts, t'shirts, flip-flops, or do I just pack it all! I'm sure that you are thinking this is so trivial just go and have fun. I wish that the tempurature was going to be 80 degrees that would make it more simple. When I was younger (6-8 yrs. old) I was told by a friends mother that you can put your swimsuit on run through the sprinklers when it is 80 degrees. That information has stuck to my brain like glue. 80 degrees means that even with wind and clouds you will not be cold when playing in hose water. As a child I didn't always follow this rule so I know what it feels like to be sharing one towel with 5 girls and have a gust of wind force you down on the warm cement to avoid hypothermia. So could someone please tell me what I can do when it is 65 degrees outside!

No comments: