Friday, October 31, 2008

Candy Troubles

It's Halloween Night and the kids have just been tucked into bed, how long do you wait to raid their Halloween Bags? You know that Snickers Bar is calling your name...or is it the fun size bag of M&M's that causes you to steal from your own kin? Shane and I don't have to worry about sneaking candy because from Cade's 1st Halloween we had a plan. The plan was simple...teach them that after sorting and counting their candy it is ALL put into one BIG bowl for everyone to share. They don't mind! In fact they usually find the largest bowl in the kitchen to put it in and then stand in awe that it doesn't all fit. But tonight the thought crossed my mind, who is going to provide me with my Halloween sugar fix when my kids are no longer Trick of Treating? Do I buy several bags of candy to pass out hoping that I have a huge bowl of "left-over" candy? Do I ambush a small group of helpless children on the street? Maybe Shane and I need to once again sit down and come up with another simple plan...so far the first plan has pay off very sweetly if you know what I mean!!!

1 comment:

Dynamic Chiropractic said...

Oh yes, we have a "family" candy bowl. The kids get whatever me and Danny don't get to first! I love the kids costumes, and it's the closet I seen pictures of your house... Don't worry I have a good imagination, and I won't hold all the promises of pics against you...