Thursday, October 23, 2008

HOLy COw

That was my first thought when I came to visit my own blog! I guess I've been a little out of touch with my inner blogger! Don't give up on me yet. So much has gone on since my last post, so I'll give a quick update. First, during the summer our home computer began a slow and painful electrical death. After trying several times to create a slide show and having the computer freeze then simple turn itself off, I stop using the computer at all! However I knew that when Anna refused to visit barbie.com that we were in serious trouble. The problem has been resolved...I'm now blogging from the comfort of my own bed on a beautiful HP Pavillion dv7-1133cl Entertainment Notebook PC (translation: half-way decent purchase from Costco with instant $100 rebate!). Second, school started!!! Cade, Madalyn and Anna have all adjusted very well to being Wildcats instead of Braves. Cade is playing football, just received his Arrow of Light and moved up to the 11 year old scouting program, and he went to the "Maturation Program" at school today(he has hair in his pits...a true Brown!). Madalyn is still swimming with the Wildcat's Pre-Comp Swim Team(she swims like a fish), loves to be with her friends, and is very quickly entering the "tween" stage. Anna turned 5 on October 12, I have never seen anyone so excited about being 5 or just being alive. She got in the car the other day and said that something was "hideous", and during a moment of weakness on my part she exclaimed "you cannot raise your voice at me because I am a princess", enough said! Third, a couple of months ago we had one dog...then we had nine dogs...then the runt never grew and we had eight dogs...and now we currently have three...this number will increase to four soon because Shane will be joining them in the "dog house", once again enough said! Finally, I am great. I have recently become a spectacle to watch every where I drive my van. My drivers side door was smashed by a postal patron just trying to get his mail. Needless to say it doesn't close very well and opens when it feels like it...like while driving to drop Anna off at preschool. This is when I became a spectacle... I calmly pulled over use all my upper muscle strength to partially close the door and then use all my lower body strength to kick, not just once but several times, the door shut...for the time being. Many cars passed me during my 'how to shut a door tight" demonstration on State Road 32, I laughed to myself the rest of the way to preschool wondering what they were thinking as they drove by. I was simply thinking Safety First, Door Second. So there you have it in a nut shell...peanut shell... beach shell...bomb SHELLter?(Marci the last one was for you)!

2 comments:

Dynamic Chiropractic said...

Just about had myself a heartattack! Seriously you need to warn me before you go and update your blog. I am going to call you know this typing thing is so overrated.

Jeanine & Christian Brown said...

My kids love to hear what there cousin Cade is doing. They are excited to see him when we come back for Thanksgiving.
Sorry to hear about your van.